The purpose of the New Mexico International Baccalaureate Schools (NMAIB) shall be to support the general improvement of education for students enrolled in International Baccalaureate programs in the state of New Mexico.
The specific objectives of the NMAIB organization in accordance with the above purpose shall be:
• to ensure a continuity and commitment to the standards of performance espoused by the International Baccalaureate Organization
• to facilitate quality program development, curriculum improvement and effective implementation of all components of International Baccalaureate through a cooperative exchange
• to support and sponsor staff development and training in conjunction with the International Baccalaureate Organization and state programs for teachers, counselor, coordinators, and administrators
• to provide centralized communication for all member programs for general policy, concerns, needs, and ideas
• to serve as an International Baccalaureate programs consultation clearing house for sub-regional member and/or non-member schools
• to foster recognition and understanding of International Baccalaureate programs by North American universities and colleges.